Applications for Run/Walk For Life’s 2020 Ambassador Team are now open!
Following the enormous success of the 2019 Ambassador Elite Team, we are happy to announce that we are now accepting applications for our 2020 Elite Team. The Run/Walk For Life Elite Team consists of both Ambassadors and Sponsored Athletes.
The ideal Run/Walk For Life Ambassadors do not need to be the fittest in the bus; they need not be the fastest runner, nor the one that goes the furthest. Some Ambassadors might top the monthly scoreboard and represent on podiums, while others won’t.
What matters most is your commitment to Run/Walk For Life, and your passion for running or walking.
The Run/Walk For Life Sponsored Athlete Programme, however, is aimed at supporting athletes with above-average running or walking abilities. These are athletes who are likely to place in the top 10 positions at running or walking races on a regular basis.
We look at various factors when choosing our Elite Team, but here are a few basic requirements:
- A Run/Walk For Life Ambassador should be passionate about the RWFL brand and about running or walking.
- A Run/Walk For Life Ambassador should be an active member of the Run/Walk For Life programme.
- On average, they must attend at least 50% of the monthly branch sessions.
- An Ambassador must have completed the field programme and have advanced to the road.
- An Ambassador must have been a Run/Walk For Life member for at least 1 year.
- If the member takes part in races, they should do so for the Run/Walk For Life athletics club, in Run/Walk For Life colours.
- A Run/Walk For Life Sponsored Athlete should be passionate about the RWFL brand and about running or walking.
- A Sponsored Athlete must participate exclusively for the RWFL athletics club.
- A Sponsored Athlete must regularly compete in races.
- A Sponsored Athlete must compete as a part of the Run/Walk For Life athletics club, and in Run/Walk For Life colours.