The Oyster Box Hotel is one of the 2019 Run/Walk For Life FitSlim sponsors.
Make sure to visit their website for the ultimate hospitality experience.
Their Executive Chef, Kevin Joseph, shares his signature recipe for Lamb Curry with us. One of the favourite dishes on the menu at The Ocean Terrace restaurant. This recipe serves 4 people.
1 kg leg of lamb or shoulder (or 1 kg chicken), cubed
75 ml oil
1 onion, diced
2 cinnamon sticks (10 cm long)
20 ml medium strength masala curry powder
1 teaspoon salt
10 ml crushed garlic and ginger
4 curry leaves
5 ml whole fennel seeds
250 ml water (one cup)
2 large potatoes, peeled and cut in half
1 medium tomato, skinned and diced
Coriander (Dhania) leaves for garnishing
Masala curry powder
- Wash the meat and drain.
- Heat the oil and add the diced onion, cloves and cinnamon sticks.
- Add masala curry powder, stir and add meat to the pot.
- Add salt, garlic and ginger, curry leaves and fennel seeds and stir.
- Allow to cook on a high heat for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking for half an hour.
- As excess water and juices evaporate, add the cup of water, then the potato and tomato.
- When both the meat and vegetables are cooked, simmer on high heat for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and serve.
Serve with rice, roti and green salad.
Visit The Oyster Box here: https://www.oysterboxhotel.com/